A New Orientation Program for Fund Directors
Every new fund director is expected to be an engaged and active contributor to the board—as soon as possible. That’s why IDC has created Foundations for Fund Directors®, a unique and innovative orientation program that prepares newer directors to succeed in their role, bolsters their core skills, and accelerates the transition into their responsibilities.
Participate Online and In Person
Designed for directors with up to three years’ experience, Foundations for Fund Directors offers a blended approach of online and in-person training:
- Participants start with an online training course.
- They then attend an in-person session where they will engage in interactive, hands-on learning through case studies and group discussion.
So Much to Learn
Foundations for Fund Directors covers a wide range of topics, including:
- The fundamentals of mutual funds—how they work and how they’re regulated
- Directors’ role as fiduciaries—how directors protect shareholder interests and provide an independent check on fund advisers
- Directors’ responsibilities—approving advisory contracts; evaluating fund performance; overseeing valuation, liquidity, compliance, and risk management; and much more
The first in-person session took place September 12–13 in Boston. If you have any questions about the program or upcoming sessions—or would like to learn more about it—please contact IDC’s Conferences team at 202-326-5968 or email@example.com.