2015 Fund Directors Conference
October 26–28, 2015
Given the rapidly changing environment for funds—from new regulatory requirements to an evolving marketplace—it’s more important than ever for independent fund directors to stay on top of current issues. IDC’s 2015 Fund Directors Conference, held October 26–28, 2015, helped attendees gain insights into the implications of the wide-ranging changes facing funds and their boards. The event provided the latest information while offering opportunities to meet other directors, network, and discuss issues and governance practices.
- Fund directors’ core responsibilities—a special session for newer directors as well as those interested in a refresher on directors’ fundamental responsibilities
- Cybersecurity: preparing for and responding to a breach
- Practices for mitigating litigation risk
- Leadership perspectives on the evolving fund industry
- Update on SEC activities: enforcement, examinations, and regulatory initiatives
Mitsui Professor of Economics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Independent Director, TIAA-CREF Funds
The conference was closed to the media.