SPECIAL ONE-DAY CONFERENCE
Investment Company Institute and Independent Directors Council
Jones v. Harris: Impact and Implications
April 14, 2010
ICI and IDC hosted a one-day conference on April 14, 2010, focused on the Supreme Court’s significant decision in Jones v. Harris. The conference was designed for fund directors, management personnel, lawyers, and other industry participants evaluating the implications of this important case for their funds and boards.
- Luncheon address by Professor John C. Coffee of Columbia Law School, an expert in securities litigation.
- Interactive discussions about:
- The Court’s opinion—Panelists included John D. Donovan, who argued the case before the Supreme Court on behalf of Harris Associates, and others involved in the case.
- Implications for the 15(c) process—Panelists included fund directors, management lawyers, and board counsel.
- The litigation horizon for Section 36(b) and other types of cases—Panelists included seasoned securities litigators.
For more information about this important case and the Court’s decision, please visit ICI’s Jones v. Harris Resource Center.
Registration for this program was closed to members of the media.